Saturday, January 9, 2010

After almost an year...

Could not think of another title for this post. Yes, close to an year since my last post. My life has been pretty hectic for the past 7-8 months. Lot of changes, happiness, sorrow, ups, downs; in short a mix of everything. Where do I start ? Guess I will start from the time of my last post. Last April, was released from the project I was working for 4 yrs and got into a new project. A new project, which was on a totally new product - everything new. First project for the company on that product and I was put onto testing side. Testing is definitely not where I see my career, but I took it as an opportunity to learn the product, especially when no one is available to help in anyway. It definitely was a challenge, but then managed to learn it and prove myself. My career has been different and life has been hell since last June. This project has given me the exposure I needed, the growth I always wanted and added to it a lot of things I never wanted as well. Part of life - life is not always a bed of roses. First moved to the role of an unofficial team lead and then an official team lead. Got the chance to work with some good people and some terrible people - both a learning experience for me and it is still continuing. Best of all, I am being appreciated for what I have done and doing even now. Now I am forced to do a lot of things that I don't like and am bad at it, and this is not where I see myself in my career. Lets see, how it goes. The best thing that happened is I got to go to the UK. After my return from US, never thought I would ever go abroad and that too in less than a year. Sometimes life is not what we expect it to be. Past few months, a lot of unexpected things have been happening.Things that I thought would never happen, have happened. Made a lot of new friends and got back a lot of old friends - been out with them shopping, sightseeing, trips, dinners, drives and what not. Fought with some of them and also made up with some of them.Suddenly today, when I believe my life is moving to the next stage... I feel I am missing all of them. Probably because of the fact that things will never be the same anymore. I went through the 14 odd GB of photos on my laptop, was thinking of all the times spent with friends. Sometimes I wish life should just stop, come to a stage when nothing will change. Just feel like holding onto everything at that moment and not let anything change. Some moments in life, you wish would never change. And some moments in life which you wish would just go away from your memory, which you wish would have never happened at all. Don't know why I am in a nostalgic mood now, and wish I could go back in time, just to experience all those special moments I have spent with everyone once again.

Its yesterday once more....